torstai 9. lokakuuta 2014

Ancestral Goetia - Prophets of Darkmoon demo 1993


Ancestral Goetia - Prophets of Darkmoon demo I 1993
1) Vae Christus
2) Dark Imperium
3) God's Funeral Has Turned to Orgy
4) 666 Years Before the Lie

RGhost / Mediafire

Enough reruns, this is a blog, not the Finnish TV. Time for something I haven't seen online again! But, as usual, we stick to vintage material and here to the delight of many and terror of others is the first demo of France's Ancestral Goetia. Rip courtesy of a comrade of brother Grev's who kindly sent me this item. And will also send some Stregoica the band once he finds it, thanks as always! No covers and I'm not even 100% sure if they made any? Unfortunately they did not list all the tracks for this on the review in Stregoica the 'zine so I am not 100% sure of the last track's title, to be more specific, I don't know if "Years" is supposed to be in it or not.

But what I know that this is again raw, old school black metal with doomy touches and a bit cleaner sound (mostly due the rip or possibly source dub) than the other AG demo I posted. Here, in case you missed it. It's quite slow generally, apparently the main man Astaroth was heavily into doom/dark metal (think old Bethlehem) and such. I agree with the review, it is atmospheric and gloomy, "very unhealthy and dark" as the editor liked to say. So, this updates my Ancestral Goetia want list to this:
Mortal Tears of Desolation demo II 1993 (6 tracks, one is a Hellhammer cover)
Satan's Jester demo IV 1993 (3 tracks, one Bathory cover)
We, the Tribute to Lust demo V 1994 (10 tracks, one Mayhem cover - I have this but the rip is missing the last track!)

Be sure to let me know if you got 'em! Meanwhile, this is recommended to people who enjoyed the demo III and actually to some who didn't as well but are into old school doomy black metal like (very old) Samael, Barathrum und so weiter. Acquired taste perhaps, but I devour this!

2 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

This is incredible.
Have been taking this in along with Azhubham Haani and De Vermis Mysteriis.
I cannot wait to be able to listen to Stregoica!

-Pelagius

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Pelagius:

Good to see I'm not the only one enjoying this! I need to remind brother Grev of the Stregoica material.