tiistai 19. elokuuta 2014

Arckanum - Rehearsal 31.01.1994


Arckanum - Rehearsal 31.01.1994
1) Gava fran trulen
2) Et sorghetog

RGhost / Yandex

Let's do some of my old stuff for change, as I sort of promised here's something from Sweden again and it's a bit better known name I believe, a short rehearsal tape from Arckanum. As the date should reveal, this was recorded before the "Trulen" demo and both songs would later reappear on that tape as well as the first two albums, one for each of them. I got this from a tape trader who probably got it either from another one or Shamaatae himself, he used to trade tapes too back in the days. Obviously had no cover, I just felt like making one that'd look like a crude bootleg 7"EP. Fun things are fun.

If you're into old Arckanum, you probably at least recognize both these songs, but for change something is very different here, "Et sorghetog" is much longer than the demo and album versions. Though I'm not sure if they just launch into another (short) track I failed to recognize or if it indeed used to be a longer track like here presented. "Gava fran trulen" isn't notably different. Sound is fair but the tape has wear and sounds like it had been dubbed more than enough times already so I suspect my trader didn't get this directly from the band. Everything is audible enough and the wear isn't that bad so don't be scared. Recommended obviously to Arckanum fans, people into Swedish black metal demos and rehearsal tape collectors.

3 kommenttia:

kingpossum kirjoitti...

Haven't listened yet, but there is nothing I do no like about Arckanum as a rule. So thanks in advance for the post.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@kingpossum:

You're welcome and it should be a worthwhile listen, considering how different it sounds from the recorded versions! Do you prefer the "old" or "new" Arckanum in general?

kingpossum kirjoitti...

Prefer the old, in general. That said, Antikosmos is one of my all-timers.