perjantai 20. kesäkuuta 2014

Amortization #2


Amortization #2 (1996)
Inteviews:
Necromantia
Absurd
Thornium
Skogsposten/Sverdstorm
In the Woods...
Azazel
Denial of God
Dark Funeral
Ancient
Skadi's Evernight
Darkthrone
Gehenna
Darkwoods My Betrothed
Ragnarok
Pazuzu
Pervertum
Golden Dawn
Helheim
Burzum
Dimmu Borgir
+ reviews, scene reports and stuff

REUPLOADED

Yeah you whom amongst the flock are literate might find delight with this post. This is the second issue of the Finnish 'zine Amortization, very similar in look to Kill Yourself but interesting content.
I'm drunk in the midsummer hell so no more words, recommended.

Ok now that I've hangover instead of being drunk I suppose I should write a bit more. This 'zine was also borrowed from comrade passetiermes and scanned by me. Thanks again! I don't know if more than two issues of Amortization were made but I do know they changed the name to COD magazine (I don't know if that's supposed to be an acronym or just the fish? UPDATE: Looks like a case of illiteracy, it's GOD, not COD. Should be pretty clear what that means) and at least one issue was released.
Like already mentioned the lay-out and overall feel of the 'zine is pretty similar to Kill Yourself, the interviews are on the long side and occasionally the English gets a bit funny ("How is the training camp of Azazel...") but it is still a decent read. Note that the Burzum interview is recycled from Ovl. Svithjod's "A 1000 Years..." 'zine.

4 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Very, very interesting post indeed. Thank you very much! This zine is a complete mystery to me, but looks extremely promising. And yes, indeed, the layout does look very similar to Kill Yourself! Mag.

Are there any other issues of Amortization in the pipeline? That would be awesome.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Kurgan:

I thought you'd like this. I have no other issues, as far as I know only two were released under this name. They changed name to COD Magazine and at least one issue was released. This I have.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Haha, he really gave it to Denial of God in the editor comments.

I wonder if Asmodis referred to in the Absurd interview is the one on metal archives. Either way, it'd be cool to hear.

Thanks for the upload, man!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

I have to admit I'm also curious about that Asmodis tape, it must be horrible. Definitely would like to hear it. I'd also like to hear Ustu's compilation tape though it's all probably demo songs.