maanantai 31. maaliskuuta 2014

Dogmeat - Revolution Paradise demo 1992


Dogmeat - Revolution Paradise demo I 1992
1) For the Gods Above
2) Blood Purified
3) Colossal Althar
4) Revolution Paradise
5) Gnomus Variation
6) Doom Mood
7) Dogmatic Hypothesis Evidence
8) Fuckin' Lullabye

RGhost / Yandex

And now something little different again. Don't let the cover fool you, this is not nsbm or even neofolk, or punk. Dogmeat from Finland was a one-man project that released two demos and two EP's between 1992 - 95. This is the first one and brother Suuret Muinaiset was once again kind enough to sate my curiosity by ripping his copy as well as providing a cover scan, thank you!

Eight tracks which are all quite short, the whole demo lasting less than nineteen minutes and as far as I'm concerned that is a positive thing. I've seen this compared to Godflesh a lot, which I'm not really a fan of, as well as Celtic Frost circa "Into the Pandemonium" (mostly to the atrocious "One in Their Pride") and things as far apart as grind/noise and Black Sabbath. Let it be noted I haven't and won't compare this to Sabbath and would like to apologize to master Iommi & co. for mentioning them together with this thing here. You might have read between the lines I'm not too excited by this and you're right, this is in my humble opinion awful crap. Well, the guitar sound is quite nice. The effected vocals are so annoying I want to throw my headphones out of the window and smash the monitor with this keyboard right now. Fortunately they're not used in every track. I might not be the leading expert in industrial metal so you probably should check this out if you're a fan, I'm off to get some coffee and some z-rate German black metal from 90's to clear my head with. Handle with care!

2 kommenttia:

kingpossum kirjoitti...

Monster. Totally digging this from start to finish. I'm down with all things experimental and this thing brings the weirdness like Bill Laswell doing a black metal DJ set at Ibiza. Mega.

Thank you Suuret Muinaiset! And thank you Velkaarn for you begrudging tolerance. This made my week and it's only Monday here.

Demo #2 please?

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@kingpossum:

I was sure this might appeal to some folks but still a bit surprised by how positively you reacted. But you're welcome, obviously!

Yeah, I'll do the demo #2 very soon. Not sure if something else first.