tiistai 17. heinäkuuta 2012

Pervogoat - Face of Death demo 1996


Pervogoat - Face of Death demo 1996
1) The Paradise
2) Face of Death
3) Chalice of Hell

 LINKS DISCONTINUED - GET THE COMPILATION FROM BREATH OF PESTILENCE!!!

Black metal again, a contribution by comrade unholydeath - thank you - and finally comrade neblodzin's request filled, I give you the first demo of Pervogoat, a project associated with Vornat and Dysangelium. I've understood this was primarily a one-man band (with occasional session drummer?) of Black Spell who is currently dead. Like Dysangelium, this is not recommended for the politically correct even if it is not as blatantly NS as D was, it is still "true Aryan Black Metal" (I quote the demo cover). A scan of the cover is included.

What is it then, other than obscure and controversial? Raw and ugly black metal with a primitive, almost barbaric rehearsal recording. Still the sound is quite good and the music sounds cold and desolate, yet crude and hostile. Well, it's not exactly front page news that I like raw and primitive black metal so I guess you'd better listen to it yourself. Apparently Pervogoat released a second demo in 1997 and there was also a tape with both of the recordings. I'm looking for either of those as well as the Dysangelium demos so let me know if you got 'em! Recommended for underground black metal enthusiasts, collectors of Finnish demos and other assorted madmen and -women.

3 kommenttia:

neblodzin kirjoitti...

Like/ +1! This was pretty much what I expected to hear, that is high quality raw finnish black metal. The songs are not as catchy or well structured as Vornat ones but the trademarks which make this good are present nevertheless. Thank you

kingpossum kirjoitti...

I was well prepared to pass on this due to the ridiculous name. Sounds like a product for the bestial-inclined ("Pervogoat--The Best Selling Herdsman's Cream in Latvia").

But the cool raw sounds within made me glad I did. Yes neblodzin, "catchy" is not the word I would use to describe this to the kids standing in line for a Katy Perry show. And I second your Like/+1.

No offense intended to the band or our Latvian friends. The music's cool and so is Latvia.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

Thanks for the comments, guys. Glad you liked it and yes indeed the band name is very misleading!