maanantai 4. kesäkuuta 2012

Horna / Musta Surma - Split 7"EP 2000

Horna / Musta Surma - Split 7"EP 2000
Horna:
1) Noidanloitsu
2) Uhrivalkea
Musta Surma:
3) Kuolonmyrsky
4) Miekka ja Krusifiksi

Depositfiles

...And here's another one from the same tape. See the previous post for a disclaimer and kind of explanation for this waste of time. I'm not going to repeat myself here. Much. "Vihan Vuodet" CD released in 2005 by Grievantee (and by Moribund in 2007 for our comrades overseas) contains this material, as well as the demos which were released as split LP in 2002 so I would strongly recommend you to buy that.

As for the content, both bands featured two tracks which at the time of the release were not featured elsewhere ("Noidanloitsu" was re-recorded for "Sudentaival") and I find the content enjoyable. Horna's part sounds raw, like their EP material tends to, but clear. Vocals are more on top this time and Nazgul aka Werwolf performs a little over the top in places, mostly on "Noidanloitsu" yet I still find myself approving of his antics. I personally like the often maligned "Sudentaival" quite much so it is not unexpected that I'm into this recording as well. Musta Surma is great as always, if you are not yet familiar with their material this would be a good time to start doing that. Grim and melancholic on the first track, majestic and spirited on the second one. Very much recommended but you should really get "Vihan Vuodet" instead.

Ei kommentteja: