keskiviikko 9. toukokuuta 2012

Azatoth - Thy Angels Fall... demo 1995

Azatoth (swe) - Thy Angels Fall... rehearsal demo 1995
1) When I Touch the Freezing Sky
2) Thy Angels Fall...
3) The Everlasting
4) Mörkrets makt
5) In League with Satan (Venom cover)

Depositfiles

Another item sent by brother Grev at my request and also another one ripped by an unknown contact of his. So credit for the effort to that person and Grev! Azatoth was one of the less-known Swedish bands from the 90's, hailing from Stockholm they released (at least) three tapes around the mid-90's before dissappearing. These tapes popped up on several trader lists back then but for some reason I apparently never got around to hear them. Until I got this from Grev, that is. Unfortunately no cover found, neither band picture or logo either. Would love to get one or all of them.

This is a rehearsal demo which means you can expect a brutish, raw and crude sound, with some charming fuck ups and extra noise between tracks. Authentic experience. It's not that bad really and kind of works with the mostly fast and wicked music, which is, as expected of a Swedish demo from mid-90's, mixture of black and death metal with some melody thrown in. I haven't heard the other demos so I can't comment on how death metal they are (that is the genre they're given in M.A.) but I'm inclined to say this one leans a bit more on the black side of black/death metal. Well, like many of their countrymates, they make it work rather well and the crude nature of the rehearsal recording adds to the charm. I know I like it. I'm curious to hear the other recordings so please get in touch if you happen to have them. Recommended if you don't mind the rehearsal sound and a goof here and there.

4 kommenttia:

kingpossum kirjoitti...

"Charming fuck ups". That's worth investigating alone.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@kp:

Well, I hope you're not too dissappointed. I got a little carried away on the post.

kingpossum kirjoitti...

Bit odd this one. Almost more industrial, but with BM vox. Sounds like it's coming through a wind tunnel. That could be good. Perhaps.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@anonymous:

So this is Saturn Form Essence, some sort of ambient music? Thanks, though completely unrelated, I'll check it out.