tiistai 1. marraskuuta 2011

Thorns Of Compassion - Dreamless demo 1997


Thorns Of Compassion - Dreamless demo 1997
1)
A Soul Full of Sorrow
2) Dreamless
3) Embraced by Darkness

Reuploaded

More Norwegian gothy stuff follows, this an apparently obscure demo is as far as I know also the only release by Thorns Of Compassion who should probably be categorized somewhere between dark metal and gothic metal. They use several kinds of vocals, from mediocre clean singing to effect-laden spoken voice and a harsh snarl which probably works best in my opinion. Music is obviously melodic and has slight folky touches to it. Napalm Records probably didn't get this demo or had their roster full at the time, otherwise I'd expect them to have released the band's debut album. Century Media might've been another candidate. Well, it's not as bad as what I wrote makes it seem. If you dig mid/late 90's melodic bands like Old Man's Child, Dismal Euphony, Trail Of Tears etc... maybe even Obtained Enslavement or Borknagar you could enjoy this.

Tape traded item so unfortunately I don't have a proper cover for it and the only image I could find on the inter nets was the small Metal Archives image. I'd be pleased to get a proper cover scan. The dub itself was ok, a little wear is audible in places but it's not drastic. The recording itself has a pretty good, full sound. Musicianship seems proficient enough to me (well, the somewhat amateurish clean vocals come off pretty awkward like I said) so if you enjoy the style it ought to be listenable.

2 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Hi
Please reup Thorns Of Compassion - Dreamless demo 1997

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

Hi anon,

sorry the delay & thanks for waiting; I've reupped it now.