tiistai 18. lokakuuta 2011

Döden - Kapitel I demo 1995

Döden - Kapitel I demo 1995
1)
Kapitel döden I
2) Kapitel av ordern II

Narod

Another mysterious item today, all I know of this one is that it's (or more likely was) a Swedish project and this seems to be their first demo. It is also the only one I'm aware of. All further info and cover scan would be appreciated.

I got this from one of my traders in the 90's, I don't think he had an original copy either but the dub is of good quality, as is the sound in general. There's only two tracks but both are very lenghty, the whole demo lasts over 36 minutes. Music is dark ambient with black metallish-voices and desolate atmospheres. I'm not sure I'd call this dungeon synth even if it has elements of that, I'll probably need to consult Andrew about this. This might not be for everyone as it is quite minimalistic and the massive durations of the two tracks isn't going to help, but the patient listeners might enjoy the demo. Granted, the vocals come off occasionally goofy instead of evil and they would generally work better if used more sparingly but despite that I found myself somewhat enthralled by the uneasy feeling and desolate soundscapes. I recommend you to try this if you enjoy dark ambient.

3 kommenttia:

Andrew Werdna kirjoitti...

I can see why you were a bit uncertain. It's definitely close to the dungeon synth sound in some moments, while other times it's straight-up ritual dark ambient fare. It's a hard call, for sure. I'd have to probably give it a few more listens to decide for certain, but I think it's pretty safe to say it's just somewhere between the two genres.

Thanks for the upload. It might be hard to place, but it is still pretty engaging and interesting to listen to.

GREV kirjoitti...

Velkaarn: Thank you for this treasure! I'll enjoy all the dark-ambient stuff

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Grev:

You're welcome brother!

@Andrew:

Thank you for the comment, seems like we're pretty much on the same page here with this one. Hard to place but not bad at all!