torstai 8. syyskuuta 2011

Enslaved - Live in Ontario, Canada 27.07.1995

 

Enslaved - Live in London, Ontario Canada 27th July 1995

1) Intro 

2) Viking Metal

3) Loke

4) Fenris

5) Glemt

6) Vetrarnótt

7) Hordalendingen

8) Wotan

Reuploaded 

Live tapes continued, this one I ripped almost a year ago but it was forgotten in my WIP folder for quite some time before I got around to finalize it. The incomplete tracklisting was the main reason for delay but as you can see above I figured it out. Finally. I got this one from one of my tape traders and obviously it did not really have a cover, I just whipped up that thing to have something to decorate the post with.

This is an audience recording and not really of stellar sound quality. It is listenable enough for the hardboiled bootleg connoisseur, even if the sound gets muddled especially during the faster moments. It's not the worst I've heard (or posted) but sure not the best either. As you can see from the setlist this is mostly "Frost" with some new tracks thrown in and sadly only "Vetrarnótt" from "Vikingligr Veldi" though considering the track lenghts on the first album & EP (aka split with Emperor) this is understandable.

Not recommended for fans of the later, progressive Enslaved but worth checking out if you like good old viking black metal.

6 kommenttia:

GREV kirjoitti...

Hey Velkaarn.

Thanks for this rip. I was looking that gig. I used to have it, but I've lost it somewhere

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Grev:

You're welcome! There was another rip on the inter nets some time ago but it was incomplete.

GREV kirjoitti...

Velkaarn: Yes, I know that incomplete rip :(

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Do you know where is that Viking Metal track from? I can't remember hearing in any of the old Enslaved stuff I have.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@anonymous:

I've been wondering about that myself but don't really know. Originally when I got this dub, the tracklisting just had "New Track" for 2, 5 & 7. I wonder if it's an early form of some track that was later heavily worked and renamed. Or a track that ended up unreleased, I can't really say as I don't recognize it as anything else. Don't think it's a cover either.

Inchtomanie kirjoitti...

hails! Is a re-upload please possible after all those yers?
(The mediafire-link is dead again unfortunaly )