tiistai 30. elokuuta 2011

Cradle Of Filth - Live in Berlin 11.06.1995



Cradle Of Filth - Live at Knaack Club, Berlin Germany 11th June 1995
1)
Intro / The Principle of Evil Made Flesh
2) The Forest Whispers My Name
3) A Gothic Romance
4) To Eve the Art of Witchcraft
5) Dusk and Her Embrace
6) Of Mist And Midnight Skies
7) A Dream of Wolves in the Snow
8) Summer Dying Fast
9) Nocturnal Supremacy
10) The Black Goddess Rises / Outro

Depositfiles (Lesbian Vampyrism version covers included)

Bet you didn't expect to see this name here, did you? Well, I happen to like old COF so shut up. I noticed I haven't posted much live tapes lately so I decided to get off my ass and post this one I ripped already months ago. I know this gig has also been released as a bootleg CD (name of which evades me) but this is a tape recording I had here - I doubt the bootleg CD has much better sound quality anyways.

UPDATE: Grev sent me scans of the covers from the version released by Lesbian Vampyrism Records. Thanks mate!

The sound is very good and clear, it does shift a bit from left to right every now and then but that's not an issue. As you see the setlist is pretty nice, mostly "Principle..." stuff and three early versions of "Dusk..." tracks. The dub quality was satisfactory as well so the rip is good. Assuming you're an old school bootleg-listening grumpy old bastard like me you'll be ok with the sound. If you're one of those darn kids complaining about the "poor sound" on modern, studio-enchanced official live albums, move along and pretty damn fast. So, if you're into older COF you'll want to check this out.

11 kommenttia:

GREV kirjoitti...

Velkaarn: Do you want coversleeves of that live tape?

Metal Collection kirjoitti...

Hello Asmodian Coven,
Sorry to use your comment so as to contact you.
I would like to know if it's possible to exchange links between us?
My blog: http://the-metal-collection.blogspot.com/
I think that our blogs are similar.
Best regards
Wolf

neblodzin kirjoitti...

Satanic supremacy! I don't think many look down upon on the first three COF albums at least. Personally two of them belong to my "top-5 black metal albums of all time" list. Needless to say this live recording sounds awesome, thank you once again.

Btw. your blog is an endless vault of treasures, keep up the good work. nimim. long time follower, first time poster.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Grev:

It has a cover? Sure I want it!

@MC:

Ok, I'll add your to the list.

@neblodzin:

Thank you for the comment! I feel the same way, though COF certainly gets a lot of heat, some deserved and some not.

GREV kirjoitti...

@Velkaarn: Yes, it has been released under "Lesbian Vampyrs". I'll check out my tapes and send scans to you asap

º·.Such a little raven.·º kirjoitti...

FUCK YEAH OLD COF

obrigado

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Link is offline :(

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@anon:

As expected, this was another mediafail one. I'm reuploading elsewhere as I type. Includes the covers by Grev.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Thanks for this

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

The first track is actually from IV Festival Ultra Brutal, Penafiel, Portugal 1994

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@GV:

You're welcome and that's interesting, I hadn't noticed, better take another listen!