perjantai 22. huhtikuuta 2011

Einaugd - Promo/demo 1995

Einaugd - Promo/demo 1995
1)
Mythos Graven Sorg
2) Når Vi Går Den Siste Tid I Møte

Depositfiles

This is an old request which I'm finally able to fulfill, sorry for taking so long but the dub I found from my tapes was incomplete and the full version stays hidden. Fortunately Grev had gotten a rip of this recording from a trader and sent it to me, thanks! So this is not my rip, it's... some guy's who traded with Grev. Decent quality rip and obviously no covers or images of any sort. What to call it is also a little debatable; colehawlins asked for it as "adv.demo 1995" (which I think I had the other dub called too), one of my traders had sent it to me as Promo 1995 and finally Grev had it as Promodemo 1995 - which is a word abomination I've always hated, so I've decided to title it as promo/demo 1995 until someone coughs up covers stating otherwise. Or used to play in this and gives proper info.

Speaking of info, there's little. I remember having some more somewhere, I'm pretty certain this was a project of someone who used to be in Gehenna & Nocturnal Breed. Or was it Dimmu & Nocturnal Breed??? Tjodalv? Svartalv? I'm sure it was not Sanrabb, Silenoz (who had a self-titled project) or any other of the better known names, can anyone refresh my memory? Megaborea? Whatever the case and whoever performs, this consists of two tracks for less than 10 minutes of music and the first one is an atmospheric, keyboard & vocals piece and second is Norwegian black metal, with a bit murky but listenable sound. Somewhere between Isvind, old Carpathian Forest, Manes demos and very old Gehenna. Good stuff. If I ever find my tape I'll see if I can manage a superior version off that, till then I'd recommend you to try this!

UPDATE: One of my readers verified my vague recollections of this being Kenneth Destroyer/Svartalv, formerly of Gehenna and Nocturnal Breed. Mystery solved! Thanks!

UPDATE II: The link had died so I took this chance to upload the version I ripped from my tape (which I finally came across) - being made from an unknown generation dub it's not really much of an improvement.

UPDATE III: Another commenter gives us Mōri (AKA Ben Hellion) as the second conspirator here. Thanks for letting me know!

12 kommenttia:

Xexanoth kirjoitti...

Many thanks for this fantastic promodemo haha.. joking aside, It's been long since I've been looking for this one and It's one of those I keep forgetting to mention.

Other than that, thanks again! I've been totally missing out on your uploads.

Grim Hails.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Xex:

You're welcome... do you remember whose project this was? I still can't recall it!

Unknown kirjoitti...

Of course, by Kenneth "Destroyer" Svartalv from Gehenna/Nocturnal Breed. I really love these kind of atmospheric/ambient ancient demos, I'm on the lookout for more (such as Depressive Silence) and would mostly love Tolkien influenced ones.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Nickzor:

Thanks for verifying that! I thought it was most likely him but didn't remember for certain. Check out Xexanoth's blog (Forgotten Tapes) for some Tolkien-influenced ambiance.

I'll be posting some non-metal stuff in the future too, no worries.

Xexanoth kirjoitti...

Ah damnit, sorry about that, Nickzor45 is my secondary email(spam email) and I sometimes switch to it for verification purposes. My apologies, if you want you may remove that post. Once again, my apologies.

But other than that, I think I might of seen the cover of this demo somewhere on the net, can't remember if it was this demo or another.

Great share nonetheless,

Grim Hails!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Xex:

Heh, no worries, these things happen. In that case I don't think you need your own blog recommended to you! ;)

raf666 kirjoitti...

Thanx for this, really obscure music !

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@raf:

No, thanks to you, your blog is a gift that keeps giving!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Ave!
Can you please reupload this?

Thanx in advance
Zok

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Zok:

Hmm I had forgotten to reupload that one, thanks for the heads up! I think I'll actually upload a more recent & slightly better rip I made some months ago (=last year).

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Made by Svartalv and Mōri (AKA Ben Hellion)

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@anon:

Thanks for updating the info, will add this to main post.