keskiviikko 3. marraskuuta 2010

Black Dawn - Rehearsal 1993


Black Dawn (fin) - Eläköön Saatana! Rehearsal Tape 1993
1)
Gates of Wisdom
2) Eläköön Saatana!
3) Enter the Eternal Night
4) Forever Rotting Nazarene
5) Ave Satanas
6) 13 Candles (Bathory cover)

Reuploaded

Here's an old rehearsal tape of Finnish Black Dawn, known these days as The True Black Dawn. But I've told you about them before, so let's get to the point. I got a dub of this tape, for which "Eläköön Saatana!" is an unofficial title, from comrade Grev so thanks to him again. This rehearsal tape dates somewhere between the name change (from Nocturnal Feast, not the "The True..." edit) and the "War Against Christians" demo, from which songs are present too. Style is obviously same as on the demos, sound naturally rougher as it is a rehearsal tape and some of the tracks are played differently. Interestingly a cover of Bathory's 13 Candles is included - the vocalist Cindergrin (aka Wrath)'s better known other band would also do this cover later.

Grev was worried about the sound quality of his ancient, moldy and cobweb-covered tape but I think it turned out fine. Rehearsal tapes aren't famed for crystal clear sounds in the first place and there isn't much blemish on the tape so I'd say it sounds quite good. Recommended for fans, collectors and all not too wimpy to listen to rehearsal tapes.

9 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Wow awesome man! Thanks for all of your posts here!

Please check my site also, made it recently!

http://blackmetaltapes.wordpress.com/

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

You're welcome, I'll be sure to check out your site later!

Dimitri kirjoitti...

I love the site! I am recent convert to Satanism (due the fact that I hate my parent dumbass religion), and now I am looking for some Satanic music that isn't screemo and Dimmu Borgir type. Someone suggested me symphonic metal. I basically like really dark music without words, or like dark choir type voices. Please reference me to something if you can. Thanks a bunch!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

Thanks for the compliment Dimitri. Hmm, that's a bit tough if it has to be Satanic. If "just" dark, then a bit easier. I'd recommend you to check out dark ambient and some industrial stuff like Arcana, Archon Satani, Die Verbannten Kinder Evas and maybe MZ.412. You might also want to check out some of the neofolk and related material.

These blogs could be a good place to check out:
http://darkobscurity.blogspot.com/
http://industrialskads.blogspot.com/
http://theebradmiller.blogspot.com/
http://bizarroantromusical.blogspot.com/

Grev Krüger kirjoitti...

Hey Velkaarn!

This rehearsal tape sounds good, as you said.

Your welcome and thanks!

Salutem,

GREV

Vomit of the Earth kirjoitti...

> Dimitri

- Aghast - Hexeri Im Zwielicht Der Finsternis
- Moëvöt
- Satanicum Tenebrae
- Tartaros(nor)
- Sortsind
- Diapsiquir
- Early Azaghal
- Helevete(aut) - Lucifer's Almighty Horde
The last one is without doubt a homage to Satan, the fallen one. I have been looking for their only released work (2001 full-length) for about 8 years now. I have only 1 track and 2 samples which sound like a reh. There is not enough to say about the pure feel they put into their music. Contact me if you need it.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

Hmm Ohtar's Helvete sounds like a challenge to dig up... self released CD from 2001 and their only release too.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Hi
please reup link

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@anon:

Sure, gimme a moment!