lauantai 5. kesäkuuta 2010

Götterdämmerung - Furor Teutonicus demo 1995


Götterdämmerung - Furor Teutonicus demo II 1995
1)
The Temple
2) The Gate
3) Furor Teutonicus
4) Götterdämmerung

Reuploaded

Some more Teutonic metal in the form of Götterdämmerung's 2nd demo which is also the only one I have, dubbed to me by a trading comrade around 1996. So no cover, only M.A. image. The dub wasn't of the topmost quality but I think this rip turned out very listenable.

Metal Archives lists Götterdämmerung as death metal with (Germanic) paganism as topic and I guess pagan death metal taking clues from thrash and maybe also black metal might be a pretty accurate description. I can't remember what Nyar called his music himself in the old interviews. As far as I can hear, he's using a drum machine here and probably plays all instruments by himself. Don't be scared by the drum machine; it's quite obvious but pretty well used with varying bits. The songs manage to be quite complex and catchy at the same time and have many, many cool parts. The audible bass is a nice touch too. So if you're interested in Teutonic pagan death metal with old school vibes you should give this a shot. And if you have the 1st and 3rd demo, I'm interested to hear them too!

3 kommenttia:

THE DECEASED kirjoitti...

Velkaarn, I posted his third demo on yappy's blog: http://lockjaw-yappy.blogspot.com/search?q=g%C3%B6tterd%C3%A4mmerung - I bet you'll like it. Man, thanx for uploading the 2nd one!! Great stuff, and highly original combination in my opinion! Now, still the first one is missing in my collection, but I think this will also show up in the future.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

You did? Oh good, I better get it! Now like you said, one more to go. I bet one of us will dig that up before fall.

THE DECEASED kirjoitti...

Hehehe! Maybe!