keskiviikko 24. maaliskuuta 2010

De Occulta Philosophia - Obscura Simphonia


De Occulta Philosophia - Obscura Simphonia demo 1995
1)
Seventh Poseidon's Siren
2) Shadows Dancer in the Night of Plenilune
3) Marsh of Agony
4) Mortiferous
5) Frosty Breath Rides Under Mystic Moon (of Midnight)

Reuploaded

Italian symphonic black metal influenced by (in their own words) Cradle Of Filth plus Slayer and Rotting Christ might sound more controversial than nsbm in today's standards but do not worry, it is actually quite listenable and even while the main influence is old COF I'd say second comparison would be the fellow Italians they greet on the covers; Necromass, Opera IX, Mortuary Drape & Vladimir. Especially the two in the middle are an influence I welcome heartily. This is as far as I know the only release by this band.

My copy was dubbed (from an original I guess) for me by one of my traders, but it has a very good and clear sound. I have a xerox of the cover which I decided not to scan as M.A. had a decent scan of it so that's enclosed. Recommended if you enjoy old Cradle of Filth, Italian black metal or symphonic/melodic bm in general.

5 kommenttia:

THE DECEASED kirjoitti...

Yeah, also have that - good demo! The "symphonic" thing never really was my cup of tea, with a few exceptions - and this definitely is one of them! They indeed create an atmosphere similar to Mortuary Drape & the likes, although with different instrumentation. Sad this was their only output, there was potential!

raf666 kirjoitti...

Great stuff Velkaarn, similar to CRADLE OF FILTH but with italic sound. I very like old italian black metal EVOL, NECROMASS, BRISEN ...

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

Glad you guys enjoyed this, it is a surprisingly working combination they got here.

Borderline1991 kirjoitti...

I'm going to be a pain in the ass and correct your tracklist, in fifth song title frosty breath doesn't rise, it rides. :P

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Borderline:

Oh shit you're right! And it took only seven years for anyone to notice it! ;) Fortunately I've only "auto-corrected" it up there, the rip has correct title. It makes gloriously little sense either way, doesn't it?

Heh, nice that the scan I posted has the tracklisting in plain sight too.